Last week I wrote on a topic WHO AM I and on Sunday, the officiating priest in church spoke about knowing who you are and not giving anyone the opportunity to define you. Definition according to him could be positive and negative. Most times, this definition defines your personality. So it’s important you know who you are and who God says you are and his plans for you. When he talked about personality, it made me wonder what exactly does personality mean.. I promised myself I would research on different types of personalities especially mine.
Yesterday being Monday, on my way from CDS (community development service ) a friend of mine by name Nnenne sent me a link https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. I had no idea where exactly she got it from and the truth be told I no intention of trying it.. Few minutes later, I found myself clicking on the link. I really don’t know if I did it out of boredom or out of curiosity but I felt it wouldn’t hurt to try it. Every question I answered in every stage made me more curious. I really anticipated the end result. I was eager to know what this site would tell me about my personality. As much as we tend to answer the question who we are, there are things about us that we just can’t explain and most times, we wish others could understand.. I really don’t know about this type of science that deduces who you are (your personality I mean) from the questions you answer ..
As much as I would hate to admit, I could tell that the end result of this test was really about me. I guess you would like to know what my result came out as? Well according to this test, I am CAMPAIGNER… Am sure most of you have never heard of this word just like me. Well the first thing I did when I saw this was to check my dictionary.. It means a person who works in an organized and active way towards a goal…SYNONYMS:crusader, fighter, battles, More champion, advocate, promoter,enthusiast activist, demonstrator, reformer.
According to the test, The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.
You Can Change the World With Just an Idea
More than just sociable people-pleasers though, Campaigners, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analyst personality types, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, Campaigners see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.
Campaigners are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.
Many other types are likely to find these qualities irresistible, and if they’ve found a cause that sparks their imagination, Campaigners will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru – but this isn’t always where independence-loving Campaigners want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position. Campaigners’ self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be in Novi ative – they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.
CAMPAIGNER STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- Curious – When it comes to new ideas, Campaigners aren’t interested in brooding – they want to go out and experience things, and don’t hesitate to step out of their comfort zones to do so. Campaigners are imaginative and open-minded, seeing all things as part of a big, mysterious puzzle called life.
- Observant – Campaigners believe that there are no irrelevant actions, that every shift in sentiment, every move and every idea is part of something bigger. To satisfy their curiosity, Campaigners try to notice all of these things, and to never miss a moment.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic – As they observe, forming new connections and ideas, Campaigners won’t hold their tongues – they’re excited about their findings, and share them with anyone who’ll listen. This infectious enthusiasm has the dual benefit of giving Campaigners a chance to make more social connections, and of giving them a new source of information and experience, as they fit their new friends’ opinions into their existing ideas.
- Excellent Communicators – It’s a good thing that Campaigners have such strong people skills, or they’d never express these ideas. Campaigners enjoy both small talk and deep, meaningful conversations, which are just two sides of the same coin for them, and are adept at steering conversations towards their desired subjects in ways that feel completely natural and unforced.
- Know How to Relax – It’s not all “nature of the cosmos” discussions with Campaigners – people with this personality type know that sometimes, nothing is as important as simply having fun and experiencing life’s joys. That Intuitive trait lets Campaigners know that it’s time to shake things up, and these wild bursts of enthusiastic energy can surprise even their closest friends.
- Very Popular and Friendly – All this adaptability and spontaneity comes together to form a person who is approachable, interesting and exciting, with a cooperative and altruistic spirit and friendly, empathetic disposition. Campaigners get along with pretty much everyone, and their circles of friends stretch far and wide.
There are a lot ofweaknesses but am just going to to write on few.
- Overthink Things – Campaigners don’t take things at face value – they look for underlying motives in even the simplest things. It’s not uncommon for Campaigners to lose a bit of sleep asking themselves why someone did what they did, what it might mean, and what to do about it.
- Get Stressed Easily – All this overthinking isn’t just for their own benefit – Campaigners, especially Turbulent ones, are very sensitive, and care deeply about others’ feelings. A consequence of their popularity is that others often look to them for guidance and help, which takes time, and it’s easy to see why Campaigners sometimes get overwhelmed, especially when they can’t say yes to every request.
If I keep writing all i read, this page wouldn’t be enough. It doesn’t matter what the test says or what someone has to say about you. The most important thing like I would always say is knowing who you are and what God’s plans for you are.. I did the test and to an extent I have learnt from it. It doesn’t restrict or mold me. It only taught me things about myself by giving it a name. The woman I am today evolved from the woman I was yesterday and I am proud of that because I know I would keep growing… Keep your personality true and real because that’s who you are..
If you would like to take the personality test, you can click this link https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test there’s no harm knowing what your personality according to the test is…… Aside from the test, I would like to know what defines your personality. Is it inherent, is it based on the attitude of the people you meet, your religion, or you can’t just explain?
It’s all about you.. Don’t forget to like and share the post…. I appreciate you all for always finding out time to read my post….